Chan-Hyun Youn, PhD
Chan-Hyun Youn received the B.Sc and M.Sc degrees in Electronics Engineering from Kyungpook National University, Daegu, Korea, in 1981 and 1985, respectively. He also received a Ph.D. in Electrical and Communications Engineering from Tohoku University, Japan, in 1994. He was with Korean Army as a communications officer, Lieutenant, from 1981 to 1983. Before joining the University, from 1986 to 1997, he was the leader of high-speed networking team at KT Telecommunications Network Research Laboratories, where he had been involved in the research and developments of Centralized Switching Maintenance System (CSMS), Maintenance and Operation system for Various ESS`s (MOVE) system, high-speed networking, and HAN/B-ISDN network testbed. Especially, he was a principal investigator of high-speed networking projects including ATM technical trial between KT and KDD, Japan, Asia-Pacific Information Infrastructure (APII) testbed, Korea Research and Education Network (KOREN) and Asia-Pacific Advanced Network (APAN), respectively. Since 2009, he has been a professor at school of Electrical Engineering in KAIST, Daejeon, Korea. He also was an associate vice-president of Office of Planning and Budgets in KAIST, from 2013 to 2017. He was a Visiting Professor at MIT in 2003 and has been engaged in the development of Physio-Grid system with Prof. R.G. Mark`s Group in LCP (Laboratory for Computational Physiology) of MIT. He also is a Director of Grid Middleware Research Center at KAIST. Where, he is developing core technologies that are in the areas of cloud computing, deep learning system and applications, distributed computing system, silicon photonics-based interconnection system for supercomputer, and smart car services system. In addition, he served as an Editor-in-Chief in KIPS (Korea Information Processing Society), and Editor of Journal of Healthcare Engineering (U.K.), and served head of Korea branch (computer section) of IEICE, Japan (2009, 2010). He is a member of IEEE, KIPS and KICS, respectively.
• MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology), Cambridge, USA
▶ He collaborated with Prof. Roger Mark at MIT-HST to develop the Physio-Grid, a highly efficient caring system for the cardiac diseases since 2002. Especially, he had a collaborative works with Dr. Gari Clifford and Dr. Jennifer Healey at MIT.• Grid Forum Korea
▶ In 2005, he had been taking position as the vice president of the GFK, Grid Forum Korea. Thus, he actively participated in GGF (Global Grid Forum, now OGF: Open Grid Forum) in order to improve both the business ability and the Grid technology of Korea. Also, in 2004, when the 13th GGF (GGF 13) was held in Seoul, he served as one of the members of both an organizing and program committee and contributed to the successful conference of the GGF 13, suggesting the Grid VPN working group. Moreover, since 2002, he has fully supported the holdings of GFK workshop every year, and there, various kinds of people have been invited to give lectures on the major researches, mainly related to the Grid resource management.• KT(Korea Telecom), Seoul, Korea – Senior Member of Technical Staff, Research Laboratories/ Feb 1986 ~ Dec. 1997
▶ Development of the centralized switching maintenance system, CSMS and MOVE : From 1986 to 1990, he had developed the centralized management system for switching nodes, such as CSMS (Centralized Switching Maintenance System) and MOVE (Maintenance and Operation System for Various Electronic Switching Systems). MOVE was designed for UNIX-based application system and implemented analysis software system for domestic TDX-1A switching system, No.1A ESS, and M10CN ESS, respectively. Especially, MOVE that he designed was recognized one of the best R&D systems in KT research laboratory.(Awarded)
▶ Section Head, High-Speed Networking Team, Telecommunications Network Research Lab/ Jan 1995 ~ Dec 1997 : From 1994, he have participated in the projects for developing B-ISDN (Broadband Integrated Services Digital Networks), and since then, as a representative of various kinds of detailed projects, such as Construction of Korea Information Infrastructure, ATM Network testbed, and KOREN (KOrea REsearch Network), he carried out the overall tasks successfully. Also, he participated actively in KT-KDD high speed networking project, which has become the foundation for the high-speed networks in both Korea and Japan. And he can say with confidence that also by establishing ATM network between Korea and Japan, and thus actively participating in many projects, he has made lots of technical outcomes for the KT research labs and contributed KT’s ATM services. He also was a key member of principal investigator for APII (Asia Pacific Information and Infrastructure) testbed construction and APAN (Asia Pacific Advanced Network) project, respectively. He had contributed lots of national projects for building global information infrastructure since 1996. The KOREN and APAN that he had engaged in establishment have been widely used for R&D network testbed in Korea• Military Service
[ Honors, Recognition and Awards ]
- [Best student paper 2019] The best student paper award in the 10th International Conference on Information and Communication Technology Convergence, for the paper entitled “AnAccelerated Edge Computing with a Container and Its Orchestration”, Oct., 2019
- [Best student paper 2015] The best student paper award in the 6th international conference on cloud computing (CloudComp), for the paper entitled “Dynamic Virtual Machine Consolidation for Energy Efficient Cloud Data Centers”, Oct., 2015
- [Best paper award 2014] The best paper award in the 5th international conference on cloud computing (CloudComp), for the paper entitled “A Phased Workflow Scheduling Scheme with Task Division Policy in Cloud Broker”, Oct., 2014
- [Award 2012] Outstanding paper prize in the 22nd Science and Technology Outstand Paper Award by Korean Federation of Science and Technology Societies (KOFST) June 2012: for contribution of large-scale distributed computing system technology, e.g. Grid, Cloud and so on.
- [Best paper presentation 2011] IEEE Int’l Conference on Ubiquitous Information Technology and Applications (CUTE2011), Seoul, Korea, Dec., 2011
- [Academic Excellence Prize 2010], for the contribution of Grid technology development, KIPS Dec 2010.
- [Award 2011] Outstanding Paper presentation, KIPS (Korean Information Processing Society) Conference Nov. 2011
- [Best paper presentation 2011] Outstanding Paper presentation, KIPS (Korean Information Processing Society) Conference Nov. 2011
- [Best paper presentation 2010] Outstanding Paper presentation, KIPS (Korean Information Processing Society) Conference April 2010
- [Award 2010] Appreciation of Academic Services, KIPS (Korean Information Processing Society) Conference Feb. 2010
- [Ministry Award 2007] Successful achievement of technology development in Y2007, Development of Grid Middleware (Physio-Grid, PACS-Grid), MEST (Ministry of Education, Science and Technology), KISTEP, 2007
- [Award 2004] Outstanding Paper presentation “Optimal Surrogate Replica Management Architecture with Quorum based Resource Management Scheme in Mobile Grid Network”, KSII (Korean Society of Internet Information), 2004
- [Award 1994] IEICE PAACS Friendship Prize, paper prize for “CNV-Based intermedia synchronization mechanism under high speed communication environment”, 1994.
[ Major Research Achievements ]
- Development of heterogeneous many-core hardware system for next-generation ultra-high performance computers
- [Supercomputing System]
PCI-E type SiP optical interface board makes high-compatibility inter-node interconnect possible. It reduces electrical interference from the electrical interconnect by minimizing the length of the electrical line. It can support the 200Gbps interconnection. We expect better compatibility, scalability, link-bandwidth characteristics in new HPC interconnect system with PCI-E type SiP optical interface board.
200Gbps Silicon Photonics need to develop silicon photonics based components which supports 200Gbps interconnection system. To design and apply novel modulation scheme to reduce power consumption of the interconnection system are required.
With low-diameter interconnect topology, we can provide low-latency interconnect system for HPC application services. Building interconnect system with virtual routers enables low-cost interconnect system. For fault tolerance, it needs to develop routing algorithm which provides routing flexibility. In addition, we need monitoring visualization for easily analyzing bottlenecks and defects through visualization of integrated interconnect monitoring tools.[“Thermo-optic control of the longitudinal radiation angle in a silicon-based optical phased array” Optics Letters, Vol. 44, Iss. 2, pp. 411 – 414, Jan. 2019.]
[ Heterogeneous Many-core Hardware System for UHPC ]
- FPGA Acceleration based MEC Platform
- [FPGA-based Mobile Edge Computing(MEC) Framework]
Many future IT scenarios require, such as smart factory, smart house, smart building and connected car, require ultra reliable low latency communication (URLLC) performance. Mobile Edge Computing (MEC) has emerged as one of the solutions, which is a network architecture concept that enables cloud computing capabilities and an IT service environment at the edge of the cellular network. The MEC reduces network time and provides fast response time by running an application service closer to the cellular customer. To more reduce the service time of MEC application, we build MEC server with hardware accelerators, especially FPGA that has low power characteristic. However, the hardware characteristics of the FPGA make several obstructions to the MEC service deployment. As a solution, we construct the MEC-FPGA framework, which makes it easier for MEC application service providers to deploy services using the FPGA accelerator.[“An Accelerated Edge Computing with a Container and Its Orchestration” the 10th International Conference on Information and Communication Technology Convergence (ICTC’19), October 2019. (Excellent Paper Award)]
[ FPGA enabled MEC Platform architecture ]
- [FPGA Virtualization]
FPGA virtualization with four logic-locked FPGA regions
Support Dynamic Partial Reconfiguration in each vFPGA region
Custom MMD library and driver which are compatible with Intel OpenCL SDK
[ FPGA Virtualization via partial reconfiguration ]
- XAI based Energy Platform Development
- [Deep learning platform]
Real-time analysis of power monitoring data streams is required to detect electrical equipment failure and response to that failure; failure to respond immediately could lead to major accidents such as blackout and fire. For more accurate analysis on stream data, a platform development is required to apply deep learning train/inference stream. To solve the problem of processing large AMI data on a deep running basis, we study source technology for deep running-based processing platform. Furthermore, we develop online learning scheme for processing AMI data to accelerate train using in-memory processing which causes faster processing than hard disk-based file system. we build a deep learning platform for processing stream data, which performs collecting stream by using Kafka and pre-processing the data stream before forwarding it into deep learning model which use Pytorch or TensorFlow.
[ XAI-based Energy Platform Architecture for Detecting Abnormalities of Power Facilities ]
- [Online learning scheme]
Continual Learning or Lifelong Learning is a new training strategy based on replaying memory and allowing beneficial effects to previous tasks. To preserve old information, current continual learning scheme accumulates observed examples into limited buffer or repeatedly trains generative model. This idea of learning scheme is effective to reduce catastrophic forgetting which is deterioration in overall performance when training sequentially.
Through multi-functional utility function optimization for AMI learning acceleration, an adaptive incremental scheduling of the batch size and the number of iterative learning in a temporary mini-position is performed for Concept Drift.
The proposed scheme ensures queue stability through data queue management and data instance conversion for mini batch processing for unbound stream data.[ “An Accelerated Edge Cloud System for Energy Data Stream Processing based on Adaptive Incremental Deep Learning Scheme” IEEE Access (under revision).]
[ Continuously incoming unbounded data stream and Continual Learning with K-means selection ]
- Development of Deep Learning based Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS)
- [Deep Learning based Safe Driving Assistance Application]
In order to provide the intelligent safety assistant service to the driver, we proposed a model that can provide comprehensive feedback to the driver by offering quantitative driving improvement instructions. We also verified the validity of the proposed model empirically by collecting sensor data while driving vicinity of Daejeon Metropolitan City in Korea, and analyzing the characteristics of safe driving through the proposed model. A part of the results will be presented in CIM conference : [“A Deterministic Feedback Model for Safe Driving based on Nonlinear Principal Analysis Scheme”, International Workshop on Connected & Intelligent Mobility (CIM), 2017, September.]
[ Simple Operation Scheme for Analyzing Safe Driving Characteristics ]
- Development of Efficient Resource Allocation for the Deep Learning Processing
- [DNN-adaptive Resource Configuration Scheme (DARCS)]
In order to manage the cost performance for processing deep learning, we proposed a DNN-adaptive resource configuration scheme (DARCS) which automatically determine the deep learning framework and resources for processing the deep learning applications, based on the execution time and GPU power consumption model. We experimentally evaluated that the resource costs with the proposed scheme reduced compared to cost with the configuration which user manually selected.
[ Overall process of the DARCS for selecting DL framework and resources ]
- Development of Cloud Brokering System (ARCF)
- [Cloud brokering system (ARCF)]
To guarantee Service Level Agreement composed of the deadline and budget given by users for workflow application services in mobile cloud, we proposed mobile cloud brokering system called Adaptive Resource Collaboration Framework (ARCF) and the two-phases algorithm with a cost adaptive VM management. We implemented the mobile cloud brokering system with the two-phases algorithm and demonstrated that our proposed system outperforms traditional cloud systems through several experimental results. Published in MONET : [“Cost adaptive VM management for scientific workflow application in mobile cloud.” Mobile Networks and Applications 20.3 (2015): 328-336.]
[ Simple Operation Scheme of ARCF in Cloud Broker ]
We implemented Docker-Cloud Resource Management (DCRM) Broker to live streaming and VoD service in distributed cloud environment. Further, information is form in IEEE TENCON Conterfence : [“A WebRTC based live streaming service platform with dynamic resource provisioning in cloud.” Region 10 Conference (TENCON), 2016 IEEE. IEEE, 2016.]
- [Development of mobile cloud system]
Since 2010, his research team implemented a new mobile cloud system, which provided intelligent software studio operating under mobile enterprise application platform environment. The developing mobile cloud system also will be applied for healthcare applications. In order to overcome the challenges of developing healthcare systems for home environments, it is desirable to support industrial information integration methods, such as service-oriented architecture, and multi-tenancy patterns in chronic disease services so that patient-specific healthcare services can easily be integrated into the healthcare system. We used the basic examining and sensing results to differentiate patients, after which we determined the possibility of disease after extracting the dangerous elements pertaining to patients. Finally, we calculated the health risk according to the dangerous elements of the patients, i.e., the different statuses of the patients, under integrated home-hospital cloud environment. The main result was presented to the journal paper entitled “an integrated healthcare system for personalized chronic disease care in home-hospital environments”, IEEE Transaction on Information Technology in Biomedicine, July 2012.
- [Cloud datacenter architecture]
As for cloud data center, his research team devised hypercube-like topologies for the interconnection among the pods within a cloud datacenter. In particular, they proposed a simple but efficient home circuit assignment scheme called complementary HC for 2-dimensional cube or ring. Then we extended the works to n-cube and generalized hypercube by applying the concept of spanning balanced tree (SBT) for their HC assignment. The proposed cloud datacenter architecture was published in IEEE/OSA Journal of Lightwave Technology, Jan. 2012.
- [Development of metabolic syndrome estimation system]
In 2009, he and research collaborators developed a Nano-Sensor Integrated Micro Computing (NSIMC) System, which measures not only a cell temperature variation using invasive method, but also controlling simulation for metabolic syndrome prediction. The developed NSIMC, to predict metabolic syndrome, showed the characteristics to evaluate the functionality of human mitochondria and analyze energy metabolism. And he was invited to talk about NSIMC in IEEE APCC2010 International Conference, Auckland, New Zealand, 2010. Especially, for the recognition of workflow computing and advanced healthcare system development, he received Academic Excellence Prize from Korea Information Processing Society (KIPS), Dec 2010.
[ Nano Sensor Integrated Micro-Computing (NSIMC) system for cooperative metabolic syndrome estimation with Mitochondria Cell Measurement Chamber (left). Cell temperature data workflow and its visualization with 48 channels (right) ]: (Journal publication: “A Cooperative Metabolic Syndrome Estimation with High Precision Sensing Unit”, IEEE Trans. Biomedical Engineering, Mar. 2011)
- [Outstanding paper prize]
Research works on large-scale distributed computing, especially, he had been involved in distributed computing projects, e.g. large scale computing resource management, middleware design and implementation of application systems. His published journal paper entitled “Scalable Data Distribution Scheme on Large-Scale Distributed Computing Environment” that was selected for outstanding paper prize in the 22nd Science and Technology Outstand Paper Award by Korean Federation of Science and Technology Societies (KOFST) June 2012. In addition, for the recognition of large-scale distributed computing (Grid computing) and cloud technology development.
- Development of Grid resource management and application system technology
- [Ministry Award for Excellence in Grid Application Development]
In 2001, his research group granted national research center, Grid Middleware Research Center (GMC) from government, where he was a PI of system development for Grid resource management and applications. Through domestic and international collaborative research works, his research team in GMC developed a new SLA-aware resource management system, which was called Policy Quorum-Based Resource Management (PQRM) system. Especially, the PQRM* was selected as the best research achievement by the government, Ministry of Education, Science, and Technology (MEST) in 2007. And the PQRM was successfully applied for application systems, such as Physio-Grid and PACS-Grid.
- [Grid-based healthcare system]
The Physio-Grid that was developed to enhance the capabilities of cardiac disease identification, e.g. a new healthcare applications with virtual heart simulation scheme. Through collaborative works with LCP members at MIT, he published couple of articles: entitled “QoS-Constrained Resource Allocation for a Grid-Based Multiple Source Electrocardiogram Application.
- [Outstanding paper presentation]
As a research work on Grid resource management, he developed a synchronous resource provisioning scheme that was utilizing demand queue perturbation quantities in distributed system. A novel architecture of Bio-Workflow Broker (BWB) with a synchronous provisioning scheme was applied for genome computing. (With this research work, received an outstanding paper award in CUTE international conference, Seoul, Korea, 2011. Journal paper published in IEEE Communications Letter, “A performance evaluation of the synchronized provisioning with an adaptive buffer resilience scheme over Grid networks”, IEEE Communications Letters, April 2012)
– [Best paper presentation 2011] Outstanding Paper presentation, KIPS (Korean Information Processing Society) Conference Nov. 2011
– [Award 2010] Appreciation of Academic Services, KIPS (Korean Information Processing Society) Conference Feb. 2010
– [Award 2004] Outstanding Paper presentation “Optimal Surrogate Replica Management Architecture with Quorum based Resource Management Scheme in Mobile Grid Network”, KSII (Korean Society of Internet Information), 2004
- Guest Editorial, Yang, Q., Lu, K., Mancuso, V., & Youn, C. H., “Device-to-device communications with social awareness” , IEEE Wireless Communications, 23(4), pp. 10-11, Aug., 2016.
- Editor, Journal of Healthcare Engineering, England (2010 ~ current)
- 6th EAI International Conference on Cloud Computing (Cloud Comp 2015), General Chair, KAIST, 2015
- KIPS, vice president, Editor-in-Chief, (2009~2011)
- IEEE International Conference on Ubiquitous Information Technology and Applications (CUTE2012), Steering Committee Member, IWCCA2012 (Program Co-chair), Hong Kong, Dec. 2012.
- YSEC(Yeosu Expo Int’l Conference) 2012, TPC Chair, Yeosu, April 2012
- Annual Wireless and Optical Communication Conference (WOCC) 2012, TPC member, Taiwan, April 2012.
- Korea Communications Commission, Network Neutrality Committee Member, (2011 ~ 2012)
- National Industry Technology Development Planning Group/Next Generation Computing Industry Planning Section Chair Member, (2011)
- National IT Innovation Program(Giga Korea) SW Platform Division Chair, (2011)
- Government Cloud Computing Plicy Committee Member, (2011)
- IEEE International Conference on Ubiquitous Information Technology and Applications (CUTE2011) , Steering Committee Chair, Seoul, Dec. 2011.
- International workshop on Exascale Supercomputing (Exacomp 2011), Program Committee Co-Chair, Seoul, Nov. 2011.
- National Public Cloud Policy Committee, Member, (2010~2011)
- Head of Korea branch (computer section) of IEICE, (2009. 4 ~ 2011. 3)
- IEEE International Conference on Informatics and Computing (PIC-2010) TPC.
- KIPS SpringConference(2010) TPC Chair
- Public Cloud Construction Committee, Chair, (2009~2010)
- Korea-Japan Grid/e-Science Symposium Organizing Chair/TPC Chair (2004-2011)
- TriSAI Symposium 2009, 2010, 2011 TPC Member
- Vice-President of Grid Forum Korea (2005 ~ Current): Standardization of Grid computing and communication middleware
- Member of TTA Standardization WG (2007 ~ Current)
- General Chair of Korea-Japan Grid symposium 2008
- International Conferences and symposium( ISPA2008), Committee Members
- GridNets 2008 TPC member
- IEEE International Conference CIT2006 TPC members
- Korea-Japan Grid symposium (2004-2008),
- Global Grid Forum 13 Program Committee and Organizing Committee (2005),
- IEEE/IFIP AGNM05 Program Committee,
- IEEE PIMRC Technical Program Committee (2003, 2004),
- International Symposium on communication interworking committee 2002.
- Korea Information Infrastructure Construction Support Biz Committee Chair, organized by Ministry of Information and Communications and Korea Telecommunication Operators Association (KTOA), (2000~2001)
- APII (Asia Pacific Information Infrastructure) WG/ ASTAP, ( 1999 ~ 2000)
- APAN (Asia Pacific Advanced Network)/APII Testbed WG, (1995 ~ 1997)
- APAN/APII-Testbed APAN Committe Co-Chair, (1995 ~ 1997)
[ Technical Book Publications ]
- Chan-Hyun Youn, Min Chen, Patrizio Dazzi, “Cloud Broker and Cloudlet for Workflow Scheduling”, Springer, Jul., 2017.
In this book, we provide a comprehensive overview of the background and related technologies, challenges and applications of cloud broker system, which is the middleware between the user and the resource provider by providing resource allocation service for satisfying users’ requirements. . Especially, we present detailed implementation of cloud broker system to address the great challenges for providing an optimal resource reservation capacity control management: 1) different objective of user-centric Service Level Agreement (SLA), 2) complexity of resource allocation for workflow jobs, 3) uncertainty of the resource demands, 4) difficulty on data scheduling in geographically distributed cloud applications, 5) different resource types and the leasing costs, and 6) different payment plans and leasing duration. Specifically, cloud broker system plays a critical role as an intermediate negotiator between the user and the service provider, which orchestrates the application policy on the user’s side and the resource policy on the service provider’s side. The broker functions to bridge the user with the service provider while hiding many workflow mapping details so that the user can utilize the vast resource pool within the internet in a transparent and easy way. Moreover, the broker can offer different service levels in according with different users’ requirements and provide corresponding Quality of Service (QoS) guarantees respectively. The broker has both the functionalities of workflow management and the resource management.
- Chan-Hyun Youn et al.“Big Data Computing Technology” [Korean], Hanbit Academy Inc., Jun., 2014.
[ Invited Talks ]
- [Talks 2018] Multi-Access Edge Computing Platform, Sept. 2018, RmCRC workshop, Seoul Korea
- [Talks 2018] Trend of Mobile Edge Computing, June 26, KRNet2018, Seoul Korea
- [Talks 2017] Development of Silicon Photonics-based Supercomputer Interconnection System, Oct. 31, KSC2017, Seoul Korea
- [Talks 2013] Bio-workflow computing with Cloud Broker, Jan., 2013, ExaComp 2013, Seoul Korea
- [Talks 2011] Large Scale Workflow Management for e-Organ and Genome Computing, Nov., 2011,ExaComp 2011, Seoul Korea
- [Talks 2011] Future Computing, ICISTS-KAIST, Aug. 3 2011 Daejeon Korea
- [Talks 2010] Cloud Computing, KIPO Tech Talk, Dec 3 2010, Daejeon Korea
- [Talks 2010] Cloud Computing, Hyundai C&I Talk, Nov 30 2010, Seoul Korea.
- [Talks 2010] Client/Server Model, KIPO Tech Talk, April 8 2010, Daejeon Korea.
- [Talks 2009] Introduction to Cloud Computing, KDN Talk, Dec 3 2009, Seoul Korea.
- [Talks 2009] Science Data Cloud Technology, KSC’09, Oct. 13 2009, Daejeon Korea
- [Talks 2009] Resource Management in Computing Cloud, NDSC2009, Oct. 12 2009, Seoul Korea
- [Talks 2009] Resource Management in Cloud, NGIT2009, Sept 24 2009, Seoul Korea.
- [Talks 2009] Computing Cloud Resource Management, IT21 Workshop, May 25 2009, Seoul Korea
- [Talks 2009] Trends in Computing Cloud Resource Management, ICT Forum Korea 2009, May 12 2009, Seoul Korea
- [Talks 2009] Technology Trends for Cloud Resource Management, Cloud Computing Forum, April 27 2009, Seoul Korea
- [Talks 2009] Cloud Computing, KCC Talk, Feb 18 2009, Seoul Korea.
- [Talks 2009] Technology Trends for Cloud Resource Management, NGIT2009 Workshop, Sept 25 2009, Seoul Korea.
- [Talks 2008] Science Computing Clouds, Cloud Computing Forum, Dec 10 2008, Seoul Korea
- [Talks 2008] Next Generation Grid Computing and Service-Oriented Knowledge Utility, NIA, October 2008, Seoul, Korea
- [Talks 2008] NGN Application Services in Japan, KT Future Technology laboratories, August 2008, Seoul, Korea
- [Talks 2008] Evolutionary Computing Applications over Cyber Infrastructure, KNIH Talk, May 23 2008, Seoul Korea
- [Talks 2007] Future Computing Technology and Evolutionary Application Services, KT Future Technology laboratories, August 2007, Seoul, Korea
- [Talks 2007] PACS- Grid, GIST, October 2007, Kwangju, Korea
- [Talks 2007] PACS-Grid Application Services, Korea-Japan Grid Symposium, AIST, July 2007, Hokkaido, Japan.
- [Talks 2006] Personalizing Healthcare services in Grid computing, Korea Medical Information Symposium, May 2006, Seoul, Korea.
- [Talks 2006] Grid computing and Its Application for Advanced Medical Services, ETRI, July 2006, Daejeon, Korea
- [Talks 2005] Grid-based Personalizing Healthcare system and services, ETRI, Sept 2005, Daejeon, Korea
- [Talks 2005] Development of Grid Computing Technology under Advanced Research Network Environment, Bukyung Nat’l Univ, May 2005, Busan, Korea
- [Talks 2005] MDP-Based Resource Management in Grids, Korea-Japan Grid Symposium, AIST, Feb 2005, Tokyo, Japan.
- [Talks 2004] Grid-based Personalizing Healthcare system, Kyushu University, Aug. 2004, Beppu, Japan
- [Talks 2003] How to build Physio-Grid?, MIT, May 2003, Cambridge, USA
- [Talks 2003] Physio-Grid and Its Applications for e-Healthcare, Beth-Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Nov 2003 Boston, USA
- [Talks 2001] Research Trends in Optical Internet, Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications, Aug. 2001, Beijing, China
- [Talks 2000] Future Trends on Advanced Communication Networks (Information Infrastructure), Korea Information Infrastructure Opening Ceremony, July 2000, Seoul, Korea.